Flood Insurance in Dallas, TX
Many Americans are still unaware that flood damage is not covered by their homeowner’s insurance policy. Others are in denial about the serious flood risks to which they are exposed. When considering whether or not you should purchase a flood insurance policy, take this into consideration:
- Floods are the nation’s #1 natural disaster.*
- Anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. People outside of high-risk areas file over 20% of NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding.*
- In high-risk (SFHAs) areas, conservative estimates show that only one-third to one-half of residents have flood insurance. In these areas there is a 26% chance of flooding over a 30 year period, while there is about only a 10% chance for a fire.*
- For a number of flood disasters in the past few years, only 10 to 20% of the victims in SFHAs had flood insurance coverage. The remaining 80 to 90% had to rely on taxpayer-funded Federal disaster assistance, low-interest loans, tax write-offs or savings to help them recover.*
*Information from floodsmart.gov
Flood insurance will protect you in two ways:
- Building Coverage: Protects the insured property and its foundation, electrical system, plumbing, central air, appliances, permanently attached carpet and other flooring and more.
- Contents Coverage: Covers the insured’s clothing, furniture, electronics, window coverings, portable appliances, rugs and more.
To get answers about flood insurance, contact Insurance Source of Dallas and ask to speak with a flood specialist today.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flood Insurance
How much does flood insurance cost?
Flood insurance costs vary greatly depending on the location of your home and the likelihood that it could flood. To see if you’re located in a flood zone, you can use the FEMA Map Service
How do I tell what my flood zone is?
A call to our agency, we can quickly determine if your home is in a flood zone. You can also review the FEMA Flood Map and determine your risk.
What happens if I have flood damage and no flood insurance?
If your home floods and you do not have flood insurance, your options are limited to applying for grants and loans to help you pay for the cost of repairing and replacing your home and contents.
Insurance Source of Dallas
888 S. Greenville Ave 140
Richardson, TX, 75081
Richardson, TX, 75081
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Sa 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Our Most Popular Products
About Insurance Source of Dallas
Insurance Source of Dallas is an independent insurance agency based in Dallas, Texas. We take pride in providing the power of choice to our clients for all their insurance needs. We shop among many insurance companies to find the best policies at the best rates – giving our clients options no ordinary agency can. Since 2004, Insurance Source of Dallas has grown from the Dallas region to the greater Dallas/Fort Worth region.
We provide the insurance you want at the lowest price possible.